Your photo is always handled with care and returned with your finished etching.
1) Color or black and white images are fine, as long as the image is clear, detailed, well-lighted and unobstructed by foreground or background elements that make it difficult to distinguish your image from those elements.
2) Minimum photo print size is 3" x 5"
3) Maximum photo print size is 8" x 10". Larger sizes will incur extra cost.
4) Composition is important. Try to choose or make photos in which your image: a) almost completely fills the picture; b) has a well lighted face and eyes - keep the sun or main light in front of the image, never behind; c) is in sharp focus - blurred images produce poor results
5) If you choose to send a photo print to us, always pack it in a photo mailer (available at most office supply stores) or sandwich it between two, stiff pieces of cardboard to prevent damage to the photo while it is in transit. Remember to include a copy of your order with your photo.
Although our Laser Etching process does not damage your photo in any way, keeping at least one original in your possession is always a good idea!
5) You can submit the digital file to us via email or send it to us on a CD via regular mail. When sending via regular mail, please include a copy of your order. Scan Your Own Photo
If you have a good image scanner, you may wish to scan your photo. You can also have your photo scanned by most photo labs.
Scanned photos must meet the following minimum requirements:
1) 300 dpi resolution or better (higher is better)
2) Minimum size is 4" x 6" (up to 8" x 10")
3) Grayscale or color
4) Save in .JPG (JPEG) file format at the highest possible quality setting
5) You can submit the digital file to us via email or send it to us on a CD via regular mail. When sending via regular mail, please include a copy of your order.